Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Reading

Summer. It's here. And I really got into it when I was down in St. George this week. I went to the temple, and just about died when I smelled the magnolia in the air.

And it reminded me that it's time to go out t the park, the canyon, even to my back yard, to read a book in the grass, under a tree.

I remember the summer between my fourth and fifth grade year, I spent my mornings in the backyard, on the swing, reading a hundred pages from Harry Potter everyday.

So I think it's time to make my official reading list for the summer. The majority of the books I chose are classical, with a few exceptions. all but one or two have a deep meaning. The others are just for fun. I plan to read one for sure, then I will choose eight other books from the list.

Summer Reading List: 2011

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky.

This is the book I will be reading for sure. I chose this book because the main character is trying to find himself in the world. I chose this book because it also introduces a bunch of the classics I will be trying to read this summer.








No comments:

Post a Comment