Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wow, I kinda feel left out...

Today, I found out about a bajillion of my friends are going to BYU this next year. I am so happy for them, but honestly, isn't anyone going to UVU or LDSBC? Yes, I know it's basically tradition: You live in Utah, therefore you have two schools to pick from: Brigham Young University, or University of Utah.

And all my friends picked BYU or BYU-I. And I am stuck with either LDSBC, or UVU. Alone.


So, that's what this post is about. College, and how I feel a bit left out right now.

ALL my friends are going to BYU, and are going to be having a blast living on campus, together. Meanwhile, I will be going to school at either LDSBC, or UVU. Of course, when I told all my friends that, they spun some optimism in it for me, by saying, "UVU is a good school," and "You're going to meet new friends, it'll be great!"

So right now, that is my main concern, the future. What does it have for me? Well, I certainly hope for the best, but we will see... I just hope I didn't make a mistake.

So right now, my prospects are (in a really particular order) UVU and LDSBC. I have my dad dogging on me to go to LDSBC, because I could work on my core credits, and if I manage a 4.0, I can transfer credit to BYU-I and get my tuition all paid for. However, right now, UVU is closest to home, I have high school teachers that can teach me at UVU, opportunities fore scholarships up the yin-yang, and housing between home and all my friends at BYU.... I have a feeling the months between now and graduation and gonna be bitter-sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment